1. The Wirral Hospice St John’s Lottery (hereinafter referred to as “The Lottery”) is promoted and operated by Wirral Hospice St John’s. All proceeds are donated to Wirral Hospice St John’s - Registered Charity No. 510643.
2. All Lottery subscriptions and tickets cost £1.00 each per week and are payable in advance. Such advance payments are held by Wirral Hospice St John’s Lottery and are not protected in the event of insolvency. In the event of such insolvency, then advance payers will be treated in the same way as other creditors.
3. The Draw takes place every Friday here at Wirral Hospice St John’s. Members will not be entered into the draw if their account is not in credit by at least £1.00.
4. Ad hoc supplementary Super Draws may take place from time to time and all members will be entered in automatically if they have a credit of at least £1 on their membership on the date of the Draw.
5. A Random Number Generator is used to select winners and all prize winners will be notified by post. Weekly Draw details can be found on our website www.wirralhospice.org, on facebook, our retail shops, or call the Lottery Office (0151 334 0348)
6. Members MUST be 18 years of age or over and be resident in Great Britain.
7. Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying us in writing, by telephone or via e-mail. Any remaining credit under £1.00 will be treated as a donation to the hospice. If you pay by Standing Order you must also notify your bank.
8. Wirral Hospice St John’s Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association (HLA) which on behalf of its members makes a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust – Gamble Aware, an organisation with the sole aim of promoting and encouraging responsible gambling.The HLA website www.hospicelotteries.co.uk has a page dedicated to the Responsible Gambling Trust – Gamble Aware www.responsiblegamblingtrust.org.uk Further support can be found on the Gamcare website www.gamcare.org.uk
9. An instruction to be self excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from Wirral Hospice St John’s Lottery or one-off Prize Draws may be submitted in writing, faxed or telephoned through to the Lottery office. Customers wishing to use this facility will not be able to rejoin the lottery for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion.
10. Any complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery office. In the event a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to the Hospice Senior Management team. If the dispute is still unresolved then it will be referred to the Independent Betting Arbitration Service who are the third party arbitrators for complaints.
11. By taking part in The Lottery, you are consenting to Wirral Hospice St. John’s storing and processing personal details and any other information you have provided and to us contacting you in relation to your subscription, membership and/or tickets. We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements to protect and securely store this information. We will not share this information with any third party other than is necessary for the purposes of operating the Lottery. Unless we hold your personal information for any other purposes, we will destroy this as soon as reasonably practicable after you inform us that you wish to cancel your membership. Wirral Hospice St John’s cannot accept liability for any losses arising in connection with delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, e-mail or fax or for any delays in the banking system.
12. The weekly Prize Fund can be subject to change and members will be notified via the hospice website, social media and local press.
13. Wirral Hospice Lottery Gift Vouchers are redeemable against Wirral Hospice St John’s Lottery and cannot be refunded or exchanged. Any Gift Vouchers not activated within 6 months of being issued will be treated as a donation to Wirral Hospice